Our mission is to bring the real world to business education and leadership development.
We believe that great leaders change lives, organizations, and society for the better. Our charge is to cultivate and liberate these unique individuals.
Fulfilling this mission requires a fresh and distinctive approach – one that is rooted in the realities of business and isn’t afraid to challenge tradition. The foundation is a community of business executives who come together to share their experience to help others grow. It embodies a different attitude and mindset including:
- A deep commitment, rooted in caring, to put clients, their teams, and our students first.
- A view that the relationships we build are for the long term, not transactional.
- A culture that is nimble and continuously adapts and innovates to deliver great value to all we serve.
- A deep understanding of how adults learn and how organizations can leverage learning to drive strategic change.
This is Lake Forest. Every Day. Always.
LFGSMers are Special
We work together to build each other up, never to put anyone down. We help each other so we can help our students and clients succeed. We stand by our guiding principles (PITCH):
Consistently be open to new ideas and be willing to offer constructive solutions as a positive means to reach the best possible result for the School. Demonstrate through action a positive approach to challenges and everyday situations.
Consistently evaluate and proactively improve our people, processes, programs, and services for greater effectiveness, flexibility, efficiency and value. Demonstrate through action by looking at situations through a new lens, try new approaches, take risks, etc.
Build mutually respectful relationships across the School, actively seek opportunities to collaborate, meet deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others, value opinions and promote a team atmosphere that is respectful, responsive and flexible. Demonstrate through action by volunteering at School events, stepping in to help out fellow colleagues, etc.
- Change Ambassador
Grow and learn continuously. Be flexible. Demonstrate through action a willingness to internalize new concepts and identify what individuals could do to help each other move through the change process more effectively.
- High Touch
Actively anticipate and exceed customer expectations by providing and promoting solutions at a good value; address and resolve customer issues fairly, quickly, and efficiently. Demonstrate through action that all customers are the responsibility of ALL staff.
If you are a smart, self-motivated, team player, if you display an exceptional work ethic and achieve results, if you welcome the opportunity to crossover between departments and PITCH in, and most importantly, you love to help others succeed… we invite you to join our family. Apply here.
Learning and Development
If one thing can be said about LFGSM’s proud history, it’s that we have always kept learning and changing. We would not be where we are today if it weren’t for our desire to keep discovering what’s next and our willingness to try new things, learn from our mistakes, and keep helping our students and clients succeed.
Career Development and Training
We strongly encourage LFGSMers to drive their own careers, but we’ll help you along every step of the way.
- All full time staff members are eligible to enroll in our MBA program, with a 100% tuition waiver.* (Conditions apply)
- Professional conference and seminar participation is fully supported.
- Performance management is employee driven, managed for and by you.
- We’ll support you professionally and financially if you want to pursue courses or a degree outside of the MBA program.
We take care of our staff so our staff can take care of our customers.
LFGSMers that work 30+ hours per week are eligible for our medical (with Health Savings Account - HSA), dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability plans. We also offer a menu of voluntary benefits such as Aflac, Dependent life insurance, LegalShield, and IdentityShield.
EAP Employee Assistance Program
We offer an Employee Assistance Program that is available 24/7. All employees (including if you’re part-time) and their household members and immediate family can take advantage of the plan.
- Holidays - LFGSM observes 7 National holidays plus 3 floating holidays each year.
- Vacation - Vacation is accrued on a fiscal year basis from July 1 through June 30. Depending on position and length of service, LFGSMers are granted 14, 19 or 24 vacation days per year.
- Wellness - LFGSM wants you to take care of yourself and your loved ones without worrying about your job. Sick time is unlimited when managed responsibly.
Learning and Development
LFGSM believes that your growth fuels our growth. We have formal and informal programs that support a learning culture and we are committed to helping you build yourself.
LFGSM is committed to assisting employees in attaining both their personal and professional goals. Tuition reimbursement allows you to grow and develop by providing reimbursement for educational expenses related to the pursuit of higher education.
Our office dress code is casual. If you are representing LFGSM at a meeting or event, we ask that you dress professionally or in business casual attire.
Employee Referral Program
We want your candidate referrals. Our referral bonus program pays up to $1,000 for a hired referral*. Conditions apply.
Committees and Company Events
We have multiple events that focus on getting to know each other better, learning more about our history, celebrating our values and having fun.
- Graduation – Our entire staff gets involved in the annual graduation ceremony as we celebrate this momentous achievement of each and every graduate.
- Engagement Committee - the goal of our engagement committee is to ensure that the LFGSM culture is alive in every staff member. The Committee organizes events including a summer outing, holiday parties, Cinco de Mayo, St. Paddy’s lunch, annual tailgate and more. The committee is empowered to comment and advise on every aspect of employee engagement through interactive meetings and dialogue.
- Community Involvement – LFGSM encourages community involvement and volunteering.
Graduate Level Programs
Are you passionate about learning? Working in Academics at LFGSM means you help students achieve their career and professional goals. You’ll help empower working professionals with the tools to make a difference in their organizations and communities. Our Academics staff includes Admissions, Student Services, Faculty Relations and The Registrar’s Office.
Center for Leadership
The Center for Leadership at the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management delivers real world leadership education through fully customized, end to end, blended solutions. We rely on account executives, program managers, and content developers to help our customers develop the next generation of leaders.
Our Conference Center staff work with customers to provide a full range of conference and event services. From arranging catering to coordinating seamless technical solutions, our Conference Center team ensures a professional, caring, and satisfying experience for event space clients.
Our Business Office team is the backbone of LFGSM’s day-to-day administrative operations. Whether you are a member of the Finance Team, HR Team, IT Team or Facilities Team, we provide services and information that is timely and accurate. The Team thinks beyond the traditional business office to provide the tools needed to fuel our success.
Our Employees Say it Best
In a recent survey of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, we asked employees what they liked most about working at Lake Forest Graduate School:
- “Its mission, values, and people.”
- “The flexible work schedule is the thing I value the most.”
- “My relationship with my superiors; the staff here is friendly and fun; work life balance is real.”
- “Collaboration and teamwork. There are no unhappy people here that slow down business.”
- “Supportive environment. Small company - allows us all to make contributions.”
- “I feel like I can make an impact on the success of the company. My ideas are heard and considered. I'm given a lot of freedom to drive initiatives.”
- “Lake Forest Graduate School has an exceptional culture. We work hard and find time to have fun, too. It is place where you can collaborate with others across the organization. Everyone truly gets along.”
How to Apply
If you are looking for a rewarding employment opportunity and have a desire to work with a team of highly talented individuals, click on the links below to view open positions at the School.
Click here to review open positions.